Hand-built from the very best Reynolds 531 steel tubing, the Countryman is a truly versatile and high performance bicycle suitable for all aspects of your life. It is an ideal companion for your daily commute, with wide ratio Shimano Alfine 8 speed gears to tackle even the toughest of hills and full length stainless steel mudguards to keep you dry and clean no matter what the weather.
- Additional Information
- Pashley Sizing
- Enquire About This Product
- Traditionally hand-built Reynolds 531 lightweight steel frame with investment-cast, fine cut-away lugs: With nimble geometry for a light and responsive feel and relaxed semi-upright riding style. Built using 100 year old traditional methods with lightweight butted Reynolds 531 tubing – the original ‘standard of excellence’ in frame building – and combines modern geometry with traditional, fine-lugged construction. With pointed wrap around top eyes featuring the Pashley name in relief, and matching lugged and brazed raked fork. Full compliment of braze-ons for the fitment of mudguards, rear pannier carrier, and 2x bottle cages.
- Hand-crafted leather grips: Hand-stitched by English craftsmen, these grips are made from the finest aniline bridle leather, that is durable yet supple, and finished with highly-polished stainless steel end caps. A little added luxury!
- Chrome ‘ping’ bell: a beautifully simplistic bell, with easy-to-activate sprung mechanism, politely alerts pedestrians to your presence.
- 8 Speed Shimano Alfine hub gears: Wide-ranging and versatile Shimano Alfine, with its effortless operation, allows you to ride with pace and panache. As an enclosed gearing system it is protected from grit and the weather, thus requires minimal maintenance.
- Effective dual-pivot, side-pull calliper brakes: lightweight side-pull brake callipers, with side and centre pivots, have greater mechanical advantage than other standard rim brakes, providing secure braking control.
- Skin wall tyres with extra puncture protection: A touring and urban tyre with excellent ‘all-round’ tread patterns, and an inner Kevlar guard for extra puncture protection. Skin sidewalls are more flexible than standard carbon black, which helps to reduce rolling resistance.
- Sleek stainless steel mudguards: highly polished and made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- Traditional Brooks B17 leather saddle: This is Brooks’ flagship model – a 100 year old design ideal for sports touring. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Micro-adjust seatpost: allows for fine-tuning of the saddle position and angle for improved individual comfort.
- Double-wall alloy rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Stiffer than standard single-walls, double-wall rims provide added strength without increased weight. Rims also feature a heavy-duty box-section rim profile and double-butted stainless-steel spokes which help relieve impact stress from the rim and build a lighter, more resilient wheel.
50cm, 53cm, 56cm, 59cm
City & Leisure
Pashley’s cycles come in a variety of frame sizes. To select the correct frame size for you, first measure your inside leg length (from the sole of your foot to the inner top of your thigh) in inches. Then, use the table below to find the frame size you will need.
Frame sizes are shown in bold followed by the corresponding inside-leg length range:
|Cycle||Size 1||Size 2||Size 3||Size 4|
|Princess / Britannia / Sonnet / Poppy||17.5" = 27.5 - 31.5"||20" = 30 - 34"||22" = 32 - 36"|
|Country Living Special Edition||17.5" = 27.5 - 31.5"||20" = 30 - 34"|
|Guv'nor||20" = 27 - 31"||20.5" = 29 - 33.5"||22.5" = 31 - 35.5"||24.5" = 33 - 37.5"|
|Speed 5||20.5" = 29 - 33.5"||22.5" = 31 - 35.5"||24.5" = 33 - 37.5"|
|Roadster||20.5" = 30 - 34.5"||22.5" = 32 - 36.5"||24.5" = 34 - 38.5"|
|Roadster 26||20" = 27 - 31"|
|Pathfinder||50cm = 29 - 32"||53cm = 30.5 - 33"||56cm = 31.5 - 34"||59cm = 32.5 - 35"|
|Clubman / Countryman||20" = 27 - 32"||21.5" = 28.5 - 33.5"||23" = 30 - 35"||24.5" = 31.5 - 36.5"|
|Aurora||18" = 27 - 31"||20" = 30 - 34"||22" = 33 - 37"|
|Parabike / Penny / Tube Rider||19" = 28 - 34"|
|Picador / Tri-1||15" = 25.5 - 32.5"||17" = 27.5 - 35.5"|
|Pickle||Child's = 17 - 20.5"|
|Robin||Child's = 16 - 22"|
Please note that your inside leg length may fall in-between two frame sizes. If so, you may wish to choose the larger frame size if you have relatively short legs for your height and the smaller frame size if you have relatively long legs for your height.
The frame size in inches is the distance between the centrepoint of the cycle's bottom bracket (where the pedal arm extends from) and the top of the frame's seat tube (where the seatpost enters the frame).
Saddle and Handlebar Position
All models have easy seat height adjustment, with some fore and aft movement and angle adjustment for fine tuning your riding position. The saddle should ideally sit level or be slightly tilted downwards and the height should be set so that, with the pedal at its lowest position and the ball of your foot (in normal shoes) on the pedal, your leg is very slightly bent. If you then place your heel on the pedal, your leg should be straight. On step-over frame models (e.g. the Princess) you should be able to ‘put a foot down’ when you stop, whilst on leg-over frame models (e.g. the Roadster), as they are built to a traditional pattern with a high bottom bracket, you will need to slip off the saddle when you come to a halt.
Your cycle’s handlebar can be raised and lowered, and also canted to give the most comfortable riding position. If a shorter reach is required, the handlebar stem can be reversed bringing the handlebar much closer to the rider.
Due to variations in riding styles and cycle usage patterns, any stated bicycle weight limit is somewhat subjective. However, we are legally obliged to provide weight limits for our cycles; please find these in the table below:
|Cycle||Max Load (rider+luggage) in KG||Max Load (rider+luggage) in lbs|
|Princess/Britannia/Sonnet/Poppy||110 kg||240 lbs|
|Roadster/Roadster 26||120 kg||265 lbs|
|Guv'nor/Speed 5||120 kg||265 lbs|
|Penny||110 kg||240 lbs|
|Parabike/Tube Rider||120 kg||265 lbs|
|Aurora/Countryman/Clubman||120 kg||265 lbs|
|Pathfinder||120 kg||265 lbs|
|Tricycle||Max Load (rider+luggage) in KG||Max Load (rider+luggage) in lbs|
|Picador||110kg + 25kg luggage||220lb + 55lb luggage|
|Tri 1||110kg + 25kg luggage||220lb + 55lb luggage|
|Pickle (child's tricycle)||25 kg||55 lb|
|Robin (child's tricycle)||30 kg||66 lb|
Pashley Cycles are built to very high standards and as well as being elegant in their design, they are also extremely robust, and are rigorously stress tested. It is important to be aware that heavy riders and those who frequently carry heavy loads will place more stress on their bicycle and on its components; these riders should ensure that their bicycle is serviced at frequent intervals. Cyclists who have a good riding style and ‘ride light’ tend to place less stress on their bicycle frames and components; all cyclists are encouraged to learn these skills, not only to enhance bicycle durability and reliability, but also to improve efficiency. Ultimately, all cycles – regardless of the load they carry – should be checked and serviced regularly.
|Gears||Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub gear with Rapidfire thumb shifter.|
|Frame||Traditional lugged and brazed construction. Investment cast lugs and dropouts with lightweight Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built.|
|Fork||Investment cast crown with Reynolds taper guage oval blades.|
|Saddle||Brooks B17 Honey coloured natural leather saddle with chromed steel rails.|
|Handlebar||Alloy bar with backsweep, for a more upright riding position, on a forged alloy quill stem.|
|Brakes||Polished alloy dual-pivot caliper brakes with classic slender brake levers.|
|Wheels||Mavic A319 alloy rims with quick release large flange alloy front hub and double butted stainless spokes.|
|Tyres||700c x 28 Panaracer Pasela Gumwall tyres with Kevala guard for extra puncture protection.|
|Mudguards||Polished stainless steel mudguards.|
|Pedals||Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Shimano Alfine alloy crankset with guard (39T, 170mm).|
|Other Features||Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, chrome ping-bell, hand-made leather grips.|
|Frame Sizes||20", 21.5", 23" and 24.5"|