Genesis Day One 10
With its efficient, low-maintenance singlespeed drivetrain and powerful, consistent disc brakes, the Day One 10 might just represent the ideal urban commuter.
- Additional Information
- Genesis Sizing
- Enquire About This Product
One speed to rule them all! With optimised ‘just right’ gearing (67 gear inches for those curious) that provides a happy medium for urban landscapes, the Day One 10 is perhaps the ideal low-maintenance, simplified daily workhorse for inner city jaunts.
We’ve left ample room for full-length ‘guards for year-round, dry bottom commuting and equipped it with inclement weather-proof disc brakes to ensure confidence-inspiring, stop-on-a-dime braking performance!
Stout 32H wheels shod with fast-rolling puncture-resistant tyres help shrug off the sunken drain covers, potholes and smashed remnants of last nights’ boozing with aplomb. Heck, there’s even rack mounts front and rear to help you experience the joys of riding without a bag on your back.
One speed to rule them all!
The 42x17T with supplied 700x35c tyres return a sensible 67.1 GI (gear inches). Translated into plain English it means that, for the majoriy of folks, you’ll not have to resort to walking for all but the steepest of climbs but you’ll not be ‘spinning out’ too quickly on the flats either – as Goldilocks would say, geared ‘just right’.
You might not be familiar with the name (they do manufacture a slightly more famous ball-bearing mechanical brake for someone else – the lookalike inboard pad adjuster being the giveaway), but when combined with compression-less brake outer, the Render-R outguns many other big name brand mechanical disc brakes.
Rack & ‘guard ready
The Day One is a versatile bike, designed to be used daily in all conditions. As such you’ll find mudguard eyelets front & rear along with generous clearances, all designed to make fitting full length mudguards a breeze. There are also rack eyelets front & rear for light load carrying duties should you wish.
AKA ‘Thor’s Hammer’ and pronounced ‘Myol-n(ee)r‘ (rolls off the tongue, eh?). Our double-butted, cold-drawn, seamless, Taiwanese chromoly tubeset also goes by the aliases of 4130, Cr-Mo and Chromo. It’s a like-for-like replacement for other, identical branded chromoly tubing and ultimately means a saving can be passed onto you via either a healthy price drop or a little more room for up-speccing elsewhere without sacrificing performance.
Cyclo Cross / Gravel, Road, Track / SS
L, M, S, XL, XS
Frame and Fork
- Frame: Genesis Mjölnir Seamless Double-Butted Cromoly
- Fork: Cr-Mo Unicrown Disc
- Headset: FSA TH-857 Semi-Cartridge
- Color: Atlantic Blue
- Weight: 10.95kg (Med w/o pedals)
- Sizes: XS/S/M/L/XL
- Shifters: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: N/A
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Chainset: Samox 42T Single w/ Chainguard
- Bottom Bracket: TH BB-7420ST, 68x127.5mm
- Chain: KMC X1 (1/2" x 3/32")
- Freewheel: Dicta LMA-8, 17T (1/2" x 3/32")
Wheels and Braking
- Hubs: Joytech 6-Bolt Disc Nutted
- Rims: WTB STp i19 TCS, 32H
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Silver w/ Brass Nipples
- Tyres: Continental Sport Contact II SL, 700x35c
- Brakes: Promax Render-R w/ Jagwire KEB-SL Compressionless Outer
- Brake Levers: Promax BL-253
- Handlebars: Genesis Road Compact (D125/R70mm)
- Stem: Genesis Road (+/-7
- Grips: Genesis Cork Gel
- Saddle: Genesis Road Comfort
- Seatpost: Genesis,
- Seat Clamp
- Pedals: VP-383S w/ Toeclip