The new Body Geometry Fit studio is a dedicated space inside our shop in Norwich that enables a bespoke and relaxed fit experience – all the technology and tools needed for a fit session are found here. Nick has been through specialist training by Specialized to ensure we have the latest advancement in technology and knowledge to ensure we can give you the best adverse and guidance.
If you cycle regularly, you can benefit from our bespoke Bike Fit service. The concept of tuning your bike is popular with competitive cyclists, but our service is just as relevant if you enjoy hitting the trails on your mountain bike, commuting to work or touring the countryside.
The Body Geometry system is the only one designed to get you into an optimum, active riding position because it considers the unique connection between your body and bike. getting it right will help you climb faster, descend more confidently and ride with less fatigue.
WHEN BUYING A NEW BIKE
Knowing the nuances and measurements of your body can help guide your purchase to select a bike that better fits you from the start, enabling you to get the most out of your ride.
WHEN SETTING NEW GOALS
If you’re looking to increase your training volume or speed, a proper bike fitting can help reduce your chances of injury, and increase efficiency and power as you adapt to your new regimen.
YOUR FITNESS HAS IMPROVED
Have you made significant changes to your strength or flexibility recently? A bike fit can ensure that you continue to maximise your power, endurance and comfort.
Nick will talk with you about your riding experience and goals, and evaluate your strength and flexibility.
During the assessment, Nick will uses proprietary tools to recommend how to best tailor your equipment choice at the contacts points of your bike, such as your shoes, footbeds and saddle choices.
Nick will visually assess your position on the bike while you ride, and adjust accordingly in order to determine the best and most efficient ride position for you.
After a complete review of your riding style Nick will make final adjustments to your position to make sure you are riding at your optimum position. Nick will also record all data for you so you will have your own reference that can be transferred onto other bikes if applicable.
After a week or so, the fitter will schedule a follow-up discussion to review adaptation to the new position and answer any questions or concerns.
- Bio-mechanial Assessment
- Shoe, cleat and lower limb Assessment
- Saddle Recommendation including demo models to try
- Saddle and Cockpit Optimisation
- Flexibility and Conditioning Advice
- Follow Up Appointment included
- Fit carried out on our Retul Dynamic bike fit jig
- Suitable for club cyclists, performance riders including Road Racing, TT and Triathlon
Thinking of buying a bike online or ordering a custom frame? Get your size confirmed professionally.
Using our Retul Dynamic Fit bike we can size you to the exact specification that you are interested in including frame size, crank length, stem length and handlebar width.
Bike fitting service can also be used when purchasing a bike from us and if the bike is ordered then we will refund you £25.
Tom has been riding for many years and spent years working at Apple Pie. Tom has gone through his BG Fit training at Specialized and now taking bookings to improve your performance and comfort.
Got home yesterday following my BG Fit and decided to go out for a short ride (1 hour).
Early thoughts are as follows:
1. Increased power for less anaerobic effort
2. Increased heart rate with less muscle fatigue
3. Now able to ride at increased heart rate (aerobic) with less muscle fatigue (anaerobic effort)
4. Before BG Fit I would struggle to raise my heart rate out of my zone 1 for more than a few minutes as muscle fatigue would set into my legs.
5. After BG Fit found myself riding in a higher gear with less perceived muscular effort (sorry no power meter)
6. I always measure Heart Rate, Cadence and Average Speed on my rides
7. Before BG Fit on this course- typical Ave HR 100-110, Ave Cad 90-95 rpm, Ave Speed 17.00-17.68 mph
8. First ride following BG Fit – Ave HR 120 (my top end zone 2) Ave Cad 88, Ave Speed 18.24 mph
Of course this is only one ride and when things are new you can trick yourself into thinking that things are better than they really are, but I was riding on a regular route and it was windier than normal (12 mph South/West wind ) my ride was out and back to take account of the wind and my ride just felt more powerful with less leg strain and I was able to maintain a better aerobic effort.
My next ride will be for 2 hours again out and back along the coast road.
Again thanks for your great attention to detail during the BG Fit!
If you hadn’t have said anything about the TT being your first attempt I’d have never know. Such an experience and I’ll will recommend you highly.
Time and effort went into it all. Such a professional job and service.
I’ve learned lots and really appreciate your time.